Thursday, March 10, 2011

Playtime in Portland

Loft dress and cardigan, Target necklace, Urban Outfitters belt, Target tights, Vaneli boots, Target trenchcoat
(Coach bag and handmade hat seen below)

Last weekend my mom and I went to visit family in the Portland Oregon area and had so much fun! Not only was the family time wonderful (and I got to see my brother, which is always a major plus), but I was able to travel into downtown Portland a few times to experience the city and see the lovely Stacey behind The Bohemian Chick. Not only is she a wonderful friend from my days in England, but she is such a wonderful hostess and tour guide and you must check out her blog! Here are some of my favorite things from the City of Roses and stay tuned tomorrow for a wonderful restaurant recommendation!
Colorful hand-blown glass orbs in metal cases to hang outside, found at the Portland Saturday (and Sunday) Market...a must! I found a hand made hat by the cutest little lady there!
Stacey took me to Tea Chai Te on very cool NW 23rd Ave. The street is full of great boutiques and this hidden gem (its on the top floor of what I assume was a house) is incredible! They have at least a hundred different teas to choose from and you can smell them before you order. Then you can get all situated in a very cozy chair and chat or play board games until your heart's content (and your feet have defrosted and rested).
Stacey (and her wonderful husband Josh) also took me to Pioneer Square. Not only did we meet the local circus advertisers (on stilts), but we came across this very unique street sign. There is also a small amphitheater where you can stand and your voice will echo very loudly, but only about a foot around you. No joke, I was talking and although it was very loud to me it sounded like I was whispering to the others. 
Oh my, Voodoo Doughnut. What you can't see in this picture is 1) we waited in line for a hour to get our doughnuts and 2) there are little nails coming out of the voodoo man in the center of the sign. Not only is Voodoo Doughnut known for its crazy doughnut ideas and names, but it has been featured on The Food Network and I believe the Amazing Race. With specialties like a Bacon Maple Bar and the Portland Creme, how could you miss it? I for one greatly enjoyed my Voodoo man doughnut...even thought about giving him a name :)
My lovely mother and me with our much anticipated box...good things come in pink boxes!
Oh yes, he had a pretzel stake in his heart

Can you tell I had a good time? 






2 comments:

  1. You look adorable Kristin! And I couldn't agree more - good things always come in pink boxes!! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad you had a good time! It was so good to see you.

    ReplyDelete