Friday, March 11, 2011

Mother's Bistro

I had the great pleasure of breakfast at Mother's Bistro in downtown Portland, Oregon last weekend. As soon as I looked in the windows I knew...this was a "Kristin" place.  Full of chandeliers, breezy curtains, and antique artwork, Mother's is charming and quaint but above all, serves amazing, home-cooked meals and drinks. I had the fresh apple cider and wish I could have it every day. And, as an added bonus, they have a cookbook (and I hear the recipes are marvelous). 
The tables in the main dinning area
The Velvet Lounge, a coffee and full bar
They even have a play area for the kids!
Coffee with heart shaped foam
And after the meal...fresh petite cookies!

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this place! Sounds good, though. Maybe I'll drag Josh there tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How PERFECT a setting this restaurant is...Makes me want to board a plane...looked delightful:)
    Following along now:)
    Have a great week.
    C

    ReplyDelete